Recent Posts

11 January 2010

The Working Proof Gallery



"Aurora" / 11x15" / Screenprint + Hand Coloring on Grey Paper

I'm so honored to announce that I have a print up with "The Working Proof". They pair artists with a charity of their choice and donate 15% of each print sale directly to the charity. So far they have a roster of amazing artists, and some really beautiful prints. Head on over to their site to see everything they have in store. There's also an interview here
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Aurora is a two-color screenprint in white and copper ink, printed onto 250gms gray 100% cotton, acid-free paper. I watercolored the “aurora borealis section” onto each print by hand (à la a monotype), making each print one of a kind.

I chose to pair my Aurora with Show Hope. I lost a parent to cancer recently, and I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be orphaned as a child. Show Hope helps orphaned children have a family life, and makes sure that the cost of adoption is not a reason that they don’t have homes. My heart goes out to all of these children, and I would love for my print to make a difference for this organization."


0 comments:

Post a Comment