Recent Posts

27 October 2012

Loom Space & Thoughts

Here's my loom space! I got to go in this morning for a good couple of hours to work on a new project. It was great to have a chunk of time to make some actual progress. I've been working on this loom for about 6 months now (where I rent one, we rotate depending on projects as they're all donated looms, and all different) and it's my FAVORITE! it's a 4 shaft Schacht Mighty Wolf. This is the one I would love to buy once I have the space.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about balancing time, and how having a full time job effects my outside of work time and priorities. I've been having a little bit of a hard time since starting my new position, which is very similar to my old position, but still different, as to keeping a good work life balance. I think it's more finding a balance between expecting to accomplish what I used to when I was a full time illustrator/artist to now where I have significantly less time to devote to making mini books and the like. I have been trying to set aside certain days for certain things and that seems to help keep realistic expectations for myself. 

Along that line of thought, I'm thinking about shutting down my actual portfolio website when my hosting runs out in February. Right now there's a bunch of gibberish error text across the top, which makes me think this is just the universe telling me it's gotta go. I don't really update it much anymore, and most of the things I like to share with people I do here on the blog. It's a big decision for me, mostly because it seems like admitting that I'm not really an illustrator anymore. Maybe it's time to bring in a new era... I am still making things, and weaving, and drawing and designing textiles, but at a much slower pace. I think accepting this is a change for the better, I'm just waiting to see how things progress.


2 comments:

E R I N said...

EEK! your amazing!!

Jacqueline Bos said...

thanks Erin! Your new work is turning out beautiful too btw. Hope you are well,

Post a Comment